BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Soft Sugar Cookies


This is my most requested recipe that I have.  I hope you like it.  It makes a lot of cookies, and they are soft!

Soft Sugar Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 cube butter- softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup thin/soured cream or canned milk with 1 Tb. lemon or vinegar (Not commercial sour cream. Soured cream)
6-7 cups of flour
3 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. baking powder

Cream together sugar and shortening and butter.  Add eggs and beat. Add soured cream, baking powder, salt, soda, lemon rind, and almond extract and stir . Mix in Flour till feels stiff for roll out cookies.  Put in fridge and chill.

Roll out about 1/4 in thick.  Bake 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes.  Don't over cook or they wont be soft.

Make this for Halloween, and put candy corns, and orange, purple or green sprinkles on orange, purple or green frosting. FUN! 

Terry Lynn Warner

(By the way, why can't I leave a comment.  It wont let me.  Alora, will you check it out please?)

2 comments:

Alora said...

It should let you comment now! Let me know if it still doesn't work!

Terry Lynn said...

Yea... I can comment.